Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Regular Hobo

Outside my workplace theres this tramp. He's there pretty much everyday when I leave work, sometimes I see him sat in the centre of Berkley Square; chilling with his dog (An ageing Alsatian).
In stark contrast to all the affluence, gucci suits bentleys and burberry, hes just there and I like it because he balances stuff out. (I cant [be bothered to ] explain this point further)
It sounds sick but I quite like seeing him around, I cant explain it, its like if theres something regular in your life - after a while it becomes the norm and comforting. Just how you see the same people at the bus-stop each morning on the way to work, or going to the same place at lunchtime and ordering from the same person. Like that, I find this guy & his dog comforting. Nevermind the fact that he's freezing his knackers off each night as we slip into a typically chilly winter in London. He makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, I always look at him when I leave work, and he always gives me a dirty look back and his dog always raises his eyebrows at me. I like it, Ok?
He got rid of his dog for a bit and it really disturbed me, it looks like he'd hooked up with another homeless pal , and it looked like 3 had become a crowd. It is probably cool for him, it wasnt the same for me. What had he done with the dog? Who the hell was this man?
Didnt last long, Yesterday I noticed the dog was back! I think he'd thought better of who his true friends are. I was delighted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home