Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Floating

I'm in Berkley Square
I've had no sleep cus I've been fiddling with my new PC , Pentium 805 Processor
Word on the street is that is overclocks like a beast ( I dont think Dell quite realise yet, dont worry they soon will)
So I'm so sleep deprived that I feel like I'm floating.
I see that dude, you know the homeless guy with the dog , sitting under the folly in the centre of the square, I think most people tell him to fuck off away from the corporate buildings during the day. And I'm looking at him and staring and thinking, you poor fucker, think how much of his life he's wasting watching each day go by , like that , what a friggin waste. He gives me a dirty look and I look away quickly.
While my eyes are diverted I notice a leaf falling from one of the venerables oak trees that shroud the square. I cant help noticing that its got the colour of the perfect piece of toast (slightly overbuttered mind). It falls in slow motion; I stop to watch it fall. It spins a little I notice that at the corners is the colour of a juicy granny smith apple. From my floaty perspective it falls in slow motion and the city drone dulls in my minds ear, I'm thinking , well what the fuck have I achieved, how much have I wasted my life, behind my desk dicking around with computers. How much better to be out here , watching , breathing , feeling, doing fuck all, alone with your thoughts. The leaf lands with a plop. I look up and continue walking. My attention drifts to lunch, my last thought on the subject is 'he's noble, and his path isnt easy, but I like my knackers to be warm and cosy at night'. The Alsatian raised an eyebrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home