Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Watching Worlds

Saw old girl last night for the closure meeting.

I'm used to these now, and I understand the protocol. You see dating and attraction is pretty much like an economic market. People advertise, some sell cheap , some buy in bulk, some are very expensive. People want to feel like they've bagged a bargain when they invest in someone else - conversly people want to feel like they havent missed a good investment opportunity when they leave a relationship.
The up-shot of all this rather vague metaphor is that the protocol of a closure meeting includes the ruthless downsizing (still havent left economics see) of an individual, returning of any outstanding properties and severance of any connections.
So I turn up, full of beans its been a good day, I got in at 10.00, left around 18.00 seen the tramp with the dog and had a roast pork sandwich (with crackling) for lunch.
I'm 10 minutes late and she was waiting for me, looking a little nervous but with eyes that portrayed a determined cruelty that I had grown used to expect at such times.
I'd been reading the bhagavad gita recently and so I concentrated on my Atman i.e. tried to find that part of myself that existed outside my ego; I planned to rest there glazed eyed full of bliss before and during the inevitable character assasination.
This closure meeting wasnt so bad, and I think the worst I was called was an asshole, which is an improvement.
I asked how old girl is and if she'd seen much of new girl - turns out that new girls been around and that there hasnt been much improvement - but shes getting better at hiding it. By now, my gut is hurting; I'm feeling the fusty news paper feeling again, I keep getting visions of the King of the Carnival in Trinidad prodding the some girl with a giant silver codpiece. I'm no longer above this - I'm back down from Brahman meditation and chilling with the Untouchables. I needed a beer, so we left the coffee shop and went out to a quiet pub to finish the talk.
Asking her how shes getting on - I found out that in her last relationship, a guy had taken advanteage of the sedative effect of her tablets and molested her.
She started crying , but managed to remain old girl. I left a bit later - and now I'm feeling like shit again.
Why Couldn't she have just handed back my toothbrush after she'd pissed on it like any normal girl?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home