Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Red Letter

I got a email message from China, some girl called Ma Liya. Hadnt the slightest clue who the hell it was until i realised it was Maria, a Chinese girl that I travelled with to Tibet.
I gave her the English name Maria my pronounciation of her Chinese name was so bad she never knew when i was addressing her!
I met her on a 49hr trainride between Beijing and QingHai provence and she was the most sour faced woman on that train and she ended up sitting next to me. My chinese is bad to the point of being ridiculous - (I called her an old dog once when i meant to say old tiger) through general curiosity and card games we managed to get along, so well -in fact that we ended up staying in a hotel together. I still remember my chat up line
Wo bu yao shou ni zai jian ( I dont want tell you goodbye). Not smooth, but it seemed to do the trick. I told her I was trying to get to Tibet but I didnt have a visa, she agreed to join because the traditional medicines are cheaper there and more varied.
Fast forward to a 2 day bus ride, shagging quietly in hotels so monks next door wouldnt hear, being smuggled into Tibet in the bottom of a Taxi.
She didnt know a word of english so imagine my surprise at getting an email from her./......

I'm looking forward to her reply,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home